On International Corporate Philanthropy Day 2013, Western Union celebrated the success of Western Union’s Our World, Our Family® program. Launched in 2007, the program committed $50 million over five years to promote economic opportunity and help families stay connected, overcome barriers, and realize their dreams. A Prezi presentation and a five-year report details the program’s impact to date, including having:
- Reached five million people in 70 countries
- Provided education tools, including scholarships, to one million students
- Offered integration support to nearly 270,000 global migrants
- Supported 455,000 entrepreneurs with loans and business training
- Provided financial literacy resources and training to more than 550,000 people
- Delivered disaster relief and recovery support to 900,000 people
We’ve brought the five-year results of the program to life using Prezi, a fresh, innovative technology, to visually show you the impact of the program: Watch our Prezi.
Through the Western Union business the company connects consumers and their families, who have left their home countries, with the financial tools they need to get ahead in their new communities. Additionally, the Western Union Foundation works to engage all consumers around the economic opportunity cause through issue-focused and cause-related events and activities, including advertising, sponsorships, special events, promotions, marketing and community relations.
We believe in economic opportunity - for everyone. And, we work to engage our Western Union® family to come together and rally behind the cause. To help fund Western Union Foundation grants, our giving programs offer the opportunity for Agents and employees to leverage donations through matching contributions, providing an even greater impact.