The Western Union Foundation is helping to change lives every day. The Foundation helps to support not-for-profit organizations that provide education — including after-school programs, job training, life skills and language acquisition — as well as financial literacy and small business development programs. And when a natural disaster strikes, Foundation funds help with immediate relief, as well as rebuilding efforts that spur the economy for a sustainable, long-term recovery.
How can you make a difference?i
- Donate $15 and deliver an emergency supply kit including soap and mosquito nets to a displaced family in Pakistan.
- Donate $55 and secure safe drinking water for a cyclone-affected village in Myanmar for a year.
- Donate $100 and provide mentoring and training to a small-scale entrepreneur in a low-income community in the United States.
- Donate $250 and supply uniforms, supplies, lunch and tutoring for 40-60 impoverished children in Nicaragua.
- Donate $500 and provide microloans for 8-12 entrepreneurs in Colombia, India, Ghana, or another developing country, to finance a small business.
- Donate $1,000 and fund a brand new library within a school in Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, Sri Lanka, or Vietnam.
The Foundation relies on generous contributions from Western Union, its employees, Agents and vendors. We are proud to be a partner of choice for respected international institutions and, increasingly, a charitable vehicle for consumers - like you - around the world.
- We currently accept domestic and international credit card donations with MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
- Donations from Western Union employees will be matched by the company on a 2:1 basis for employees within the United States, and on a 3:1 basis for employees outside the U.S.
- The Western Union Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) charity. Your gift may be tax-deductible as allowed by U.S. law.
Donate now and make a difference. Thank you!
i Western Union Foundation pools all of the funds it receives and uses these funds to make grants around the globe. These are examples of programs that have been funded by the Foundation and toward which your donation may be used.
- By donating to the Western Union Foundation, 100 percent of your funds go directly toward economic opportunity and education projects across the globe - no overhead costs are deducted from your donation
- We do the homework, choosing the best NGO for the projects we fund
- By pooling donated dollars, our grants can reach more people, in the places where need is greatest
- Almost half the world - more than 3 billion people - live on less than $2.50 a day.
- There are more than 76 million primary school age children around the world who are not enrolled in school.
- Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
- Last year, natural disasters resulted in more than a quarter million deaths and millions of people displaced all around the world.